we interrupt your regularly scheduled dragons for some 2000’s nostalgia
US Constitution, First Amendment: The right to assemble, to have free speech, to have freedom of the press.
Ferguson Police: Kicks out media and limits protestors to a “First Amendment Area”
funny, i thought the WHOLE COUNTRY was a first amendment area. silly me.
what the fuck is going on im so high
oH MY FUCKIJG GISVI I I THUNK I FOUND THIS ON SOUNSCCLOUD ONCE AND I COULDN’T FIND IT AGAIN AND HINESTLY I WAS BEGINING TO WINDER IF ID JUST FUCKING IMAGINED IT BUT HERE I AM AT SEAWORLD
School has started or will very soon so what would be better to do than to gather some great resources for a better school year?
- Evernote - keep your research at one place
- Khan Academy - over 4,200 educational videos
- Mathaway - helps you solve almost every math problem
- Cliffnotes - read and prep for school work
- Studious - great way to keep track of schedule
- iFormulas - references for mathematical formulas
- Pocket - save studies and articles much easier
- Science glossary - for those hard science words
- Studyblue - online flashcards for your next test
- Any.do - daily planner
- Dropbox - don’t rely on your computer alone, make sure your notes and papers are safely uploaded online, just in case.
- Feed.ly - gather all your fav websites for research or whatever in one place - I love this myself!
- Scribd - online library
- Self Control - we all know self control during work or school isn’t always around
- TED - lots of good presentation by interesting people
- Chegg - don’t have all the money for new text books? Chegg lets you rent many text books for much less than it costs to buy
- Duolingo - learning a new language? Then I’ll recommend this one
- Mint.com - make sure you’ve got your money straight
- Alarmy - hard to get up in the morning? Well, this alarm makes you take a picture of your sink to turn it off!
- Sworkit - don’t forget that exercise will make it easier to concentrate!
Don’t forget to look at my 27 websites for a new year - where you can find lots of other resources for health, fitness, school/work and div when starting a new year(school year too)
I’ve also got a post called 53 posts for students which contains nutrition and fitness posts especially for students!
Well well well. As SSB4Dojo pointed out on their blog, it seems Spirit Train can be played on For Glory mode. Which means it must have a Final Destination version.
But how the heck does that work?
Glad to see they’ve implemented the hype train as a stage.
Honestly, it was overdue.
MY FAVORITE THING FROM ANY COMIC
people who dry swallow pills go hard as hell and should not be fucked withi used to dry swallow pills until a searing pain developed in my throat and chest and with the help of the world wide web i found out it burned a hole in my fucking throat please take your pills with water kiddies it’s worth it
HOLY SHIT OKAY
Sixteen-year-old Elif Bilgin of Turkey has developed a way to replace traditional petroleum-based plastic with banana peels.
The Turkish teen took home a US$50,000 prize for her project “Go Bananas!” Thursday after winning the second annual Scientific American Science in Action Award, associated with Google Science Fair.
“My project makes it possible to use banana peels, a waste material which is thrown away almost every day, in the electrical insulation of cables,” Bilgin said in a media statement.
“This is both an extremely nature-friendly and cheap process, which has the potential to decrease the amount of pollution created due to the use of plastics, which contain petroleum derivatives.”
Bilgin spent two years developing the bio-plastic, which does not decay. She said the process is so easy that it is possible to repeat at home, with special care taken for chemicals used in the production process.
In September, the teen will compete at Google’s California headquarters for the overall Google Science Fair prize for 15-to-16 year olds. She will also have access to a one-year mentorship.
Has anyone else noticed how many brilliant breakthroughs in science are coming from the minds of teenage girls the last few years? Between this story, the four girls in Nigeria who invented a generator that runs on urine, the California girl who invented a twenty-second cell phone charger… Who knows where we’d be today without the patriarchal interference of men, stealing or hiding the brilliance of women?
Our future is in the hands of teenage girls, and I for one feel really good about that.
When I was about 7 I wanted to invent a thing that purified water based off of fish gills. I went to the school library to do research like a good little inventor and one of my teachers asked me what I was doing, and then told me that there were some new barbie books in, and that I’d probably be better off with those.
Don’t forget the girl who invented a torch that’d light up just from the heat of your hands
basically everyone should stop s***ting on teenage girls because they do awesome things when you let them